Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Anyone want to help me out on this?

I was looking through some old photos and came across this sweet little shot of Evelyn around her first birthday. I was playing photographer and had zero idea what I was doing. Even less than I do now! So I thought it would be fun to do some editing.
Before Edit



After Edit: I like it, but am wondering how on earth I can get rid of that horrible shadow above her head to the right? Also, I'm wondering how to make it not so obvious that there is a white comforter up next to her face? I'm sure it's fairly simple, but my PSE knowledge is quite limited. Ideas?


Oh boy. I have so much to learn!

2 comments:

  1. To me you can't really tell that it's a comforter, it looks like a photo prop. Also I'm not sure which shadow you are referring too, but I don't see a bad one. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're using elements and I'm using old school photoshop but you should be able to use the magnetic lasso tool around the shadow, make a new layer via copy and then use the levels to bring down the intensity of the shadow. It's not that distracting though and the comforter, I didn't even really notice it!

    ReplyDelete